Twitter and Me

My son thinks I'm a sad person for using Twitter, hates that I pick up my phone and randomly giggle at it. I don't care what he thinks; I don't see the point of having hundreds of 'so called' friends on Facebook, people that you don't even know.

My other-half hates the fact that I already know breaking news before he does. He told me something the other day and I acted like I'd only just heard it, but he crowed so much about beating Twitter that in the end I had to say, "Actually you didn't". I was happy to let him have his moment of glory but he just wouldn't let it go.

I love the randomness of the conversations you get into on Twitter, usually with complete strangers. Although when you've been tweeting with someone for months are they still complete strangers? Sometimes I'll get a tweet to say, "Your quiet today, are you OK?"; and that's nice, that someone out there misses you. I follow celebs and occasionally reply to them, I don't expect a reply, but it is nice when they do acknowledge you.

These blogs are really an extension of Twitter, just a bit of rambling just in case your not sure about whether to follow me or not. It will never be a bare all blog just a few things that might have come up on Twitter that I fancy expanding on.

Comments

  1. I love Twitter, but like you, no one else in my house "gets it". My friends don't tweet either, so I really am just a random person in the tweetosphere. I love it though. I love the speed information flows and the opinions expressed. I love connecting with people. It's difficult when you first start, knowing where to look, what to write, but once you have a following and are following, it's a hugely enjoyable sharing experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mammograms

Our mini-break in Chester