Honours Achieved

I did it, I have been granted an Upper Second-class Honours. Never did I expect to even gain a degree when I started my Open University journey in 2007. I cannot remember now how I came to be continuing my education with the OU other than I always say mathematics came to me. I started with a 10 credit openings course and said if I got through it I would consider working towards a Certificate in Mathematics, which I did. I am not good at mathematics or any learning really, I think I have a poor working memory. I understand what people are telling me or what I am reading, but what I cannot do is park that information to recall it and use it. At school my maths teacher would sit with me and go over an example and I would be happy I understood it, he'd say "Now you do the rest", but before he got to the front of the classroom I would have forgotten how I was supposed to do the calculations. So these last 7 years beginning with an Openings then moving onto a Certificate then to a Degree without honours, ending with an Honours Degree have been one heck of a roller coaster of enjoyment, stress and amazement at my achievements. I'm looking forward to graduation although I'm rather nervous!

My new project now that I have returned to working part-time is my garden, old potting shed has been disposed of and I have had raised beds built in it's place. I'm hoping the pesky slugs give me a chance to grow my own, have ordered plenty of brassicas and herbs to plant over the next couple of months, so fingers crossed.


I will try and remember to keep you informed of my gardening progress ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mammograms

Twitter and Me

Our mini-break in Chester